Road Training and Racing Pigeons – Feed and Medication Program for Young Birds in Training
FEED – 3 times a day: Once in morning 2 hours before road training; Once mid-day; Once evening. Feed the birds all they want to eat at each feeding. The birds are always sent to road training with plenty of fuel or gas in their tank. NEVER HUNGRY OR THIRSTY!
- 70% mixture various grains(15-17%)
- 15% safflower
- 15% Spanish peanuts
- Fresh grit and pellets free choice
Training or road trip / land / trap / peanuts, always the same routine. Never change it, and you will have no problem with trapping.
WATER: In loft at all times:
- 2 days vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, lemon
- 2 days multi-mixture medication #3
- 1 day onion, garlic, apple cider vinegar
- 2 days teas, every other week 1 day substitute WORMER for tea.
MEDICATION: #3 MULTI-MIXTURE
- 1 TABLESPOON Ridzol
- 1 TABLESPOON Sulmet-aureomycin
- 1 teaspoon tylan
- 1 teaspoon vetisulid
- 1 tablespoon vitamins
Two weeks before the race series starts, put the birds on 5-7 days of 3000-3500 mg AMOXYCILLIN per gallon of water. You can still train the birds while on AMOXYCILLIN with no problem.
One week before the race series starts, until series is over, feed 3 times a day on a regular routine: 60% mixture, 20% safflower, 20% peanuts, grit, pellets. ALL THE BIRDS WANT TO EAT!
WATER: 7 DAY PROGRAM AT THE START OF THE SERIES.
- DAY OF SHIPPING- vitamins, minerals, electrolytes
- DAY BIRDS RETURN (24 HOURS) vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, lemon.
- next 48 hours – multi-mixture #3
- next 48 hours – fresh water with bleach or NO LVASAN
- next 48 hours or shipping day – vitamins, minerals, electrolytes.
The week between races, the birds should receive plenty of rest in loft. WARM BATH WITH EPSOM SALTS THE FIRST NICE DAY AFTER RACE. Loft fly once a day. Light training 20-30 miles in the middle of week. Loft fly during the last days before shipping the next race. KEEP THE LOFT QUIET AND LET BIRDS REST FOR NEXT RACE. DO NOT OVER TRAIN THE BIRDS BETWEEN RACES. THE BIRDS NEED TIME TO RECOVER PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY BETWEEN RACES.
Check out Pigeon Racing Nutrition Secrets Exposed > > Click here to learn more
Road Training and Racing Pigeons – Feed and Medication Program for Young Birds in Training by Bob Prisco